Our Drilling and Construction Services
Looking for a Reliable Drilling Contractor in PEI?
Cost Efficient Methods
HDD is used for the underground placement of utility and gas lines, electrical, fibre and communications conduits and cables, water lines, sewer pipes and other similar installations.
Advantages of using HDD installation methods include:
– ability to drill below existing surface obstructions or ongoing site operations
– ability to change direction of bore to drill over, under or around existing buried utilities or obstacles
– faster and less labour intensive installations
– low impact on existing ground conditions – greatly reduced soil disturbance, protect ecosystem and adjacent areas
– limited landscape and traffic disruption
– can be used where open-cut trenching is impossible or undesirable
– product to be buried is pulled through bore hole with the drilling equipment
Examples where HDD can be used;
(under roads, streets, parks, runways, golf courses, sub-divisions, waterways, back yards, town or city utilities, etc.)